April 1GAM entry: SpringRider

This month's game is probably my fastest programmed game ever. It only took me few hours today and the reason for that is that my finals ended just this week so I had almost no time for games programming. And I was lazy too, I admit :)

SpringRider is a very simple game in which you to fly in a cave and try to avoid hitting the walls for as long as possible. The cave is randomly generated and you are awarded points for staying alive. The tighter the tunnels you fly through, the more points you get. Take care though as the controls are quite "springy" :)

SpringRider (April 2013)

Play here: SpringRider

As for future plans, now I should have much more free time even though I have to finish writing my thesis. I am looking forward to continue working on my OpenGL engine, which I might eventually port to WebGL and make some nice games in it. I also have the Oculus Rift dev kit pre-ordered which could arrive in June (my guess) so I'm definitely going to experiment with it and hopefully produce some interesting games.

Thanks for playing my games! :)

Comments

Popular Posts