March 1GAM entry: Sokoban JS

Another month has passed and thus a new game comes to life. Again, a classic gets a new look. Or does it? This month's theme was "Rogue". Rogue-like games feature random level generation, permanent death, turn based combat and more. To me however, the first thing that comes to mind is the ASCII graphics. That's what I picked to distinguish my take on the Sokoban puzzle - Sokoban JS.

Why "JS"? To be entirely honest, this is not an entirely new game. I made it in C as a programming course project few years ago and now I decided to breathe new life into it. JS stands for JavaScript, the language I decided to port it to and therefore making it an online game. It doesn't have all the features yet but I'll try to add them as soon as possible.

Sokoban JS (March 2013)

Comments

Popular Posts